Does your mine need funding?
We have a wide network of funders, with appetite for various risk levels/ stages of life in a project.
– From early stage/ in construction/ no revenue/ no JORC/ no BFS,
– to a producing asset.
Funders range from non- bank lenders, to offtake advance, royalties, asset finance. We also have funders across traditional Project Finance, Acquisition finance, export credit, etc, for established businesses. Additionally, Mining Finance includes energy and infrastructure finance.
Across all mandates, the common element is that we “dig deep” to understand the project. We work from our clients office (or mine-site). We sit next to the mine team, or the port team, or the infra. team. We go to site and we ask questions. Overall, we work to understand the key drivers and the red flags, so we can best match funders in our network with the risk profile of the project. Some past clients below:
Bauxite & Tungsten…Press releases from two of our clients we have raised funding for:
Other Recent mandates..
- Copper-Gold Mine/ Debt Advisory : Chinova Resources, 2019-2020. Rock secured $130m of debt offers for Chinova to deveop their next project, the Osborne EML. Opening 4 new deposits (3 Starra and 1 Kulthor) to feed the Osborne Processor for another 7 years.
- Bauxite & Marine Infra / Debt Advisory : Metro Mining Ltd,2018-2019. Rock secured a $47m loan from Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) to purchase a new shiploader.
- Energy & Rail & Port Infra./ Thermal coal/ Project Finance, 2016-2018. 2 years at Adani Australia, working on the largest coal mine & rail project in Australia. Rock was engaged to assist in procuring NAIF financing of $900m. This included financial modelling build and ownership (across the three sub assets of mine, above rail, and below rail). Also included BFS review (all 38 chapters), to liaising with NAIF and answering all their DD. Rock was the point person dealing with ECA re funding of A$1.2 billion for the 382km railway.
- Solar Renewables / Project Finance, Adani, 2018.Worked on the financing of Adani‘s two solar projects in Australia: created financial models, wrote pitchbooks and met with lenders.
- Coking Coal / Valuations, 2014-2015. Engaged by BMA (BHP Mitsubishi Alliance) conducting valuations on their coking coal mines in Bowen Basin, Australia
- Zinc / Corporate Finance,2014. Consulting to Glencore staff at their global HQ in Baar, Switzerland in Corporate Finance and Valuations.
- Coking coal / Valuations, 2013-2014. Created valuation models for TerraCom Limited (ASX: TER) re their Mongolian coking coal mines (working in both Brisbane & Mongolia).
- Gold/ Valuations, 2012-2019. Created valuation models for Evolution Mining across all 5 gold mines and also created a company-wide valuation model.
- Port Infra. & Coal /Project Finance,2011-2012. Engaged by Aquila Resources working on WICET coal terminal application. Also, financial modelling and project financing of their Bowen Basin coking coal mines (Eagle Downs, Washpool, Isaac Plains)
- Coal / Financial Modelling, 2009. Audited and rebuilt a valuation model for Resource Generation’s coal mine in South Africa.
Mining Finance- We learn more in the field than behind a desk..